Welcome to LOOK…
LOOK-UK supports young people and families living with a vision impairment
Are you a young person up to the age of 29 and have a vision impairment, or are you a parent of a vision impaired child? Then we want to hear from you.
LOOK is here to help you improve your self-confidence, develop skills and make new connections.
WE do this through:
- LOOK Mentoring project – become a mentor or find a mentor.
- LOOK Skype chat groups – connect with others and share experiences.
- LOOK youth forums – make new friends and exchange ideas.
- LOOK voices – get your voice heard and become part of our creative team. We are looking for bloggers, vloggers and, for our podcasts, roving reporters.
- LOOK leadership events – come and broaden your horizons.
We support young people to:
- Feel listened to and understood
- Gain independence, life skills and training
- Learn to work as a team
- Improve wellbeing
- Develop confidence and resilience.
- Make connections
Run the London Marathon for LOOK
Our 2018 London Marathon team is now accepting registration requests. Please email our Marathon coordinator: Stephen Mitchell on LOOKMarathonRunners@gmail.com for more information.
Our 25 Marathon runners were unmistakable on the start line, resplendent in their distinctive LOOK vests – you couldn’t miss them! 26.2 miles later, they all crossed the finish line. Whether it was a sub three hour or a six plus hour, it didn’t matter. The pain, sweat, blisters and tears were all forgotten within […]
Why not make use of LOOK’s great holiday flat in Scarborough? Open all year round the flat is there for families of children and young people with a vision impairment. It’s two minutes from the sea and can be booked for short breaks or longer. Call 01432 376314
Special thanks to our funders:
LOOK’s London Marathon runners
The David Cock Foundation
The Eranda Foundation
The Mountbattern Foundation
Without their support none of our work would be possible.
LOOK’s address is: LOOK C/O The Royal National College for the Blind, Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DT. Our telephone number is: 01432376314. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org