Welcome to LOOK…
LOOK-UK supports young people and families living with a vision impairment
Are you a young person up to the age of 29 and have a vision impairment, or are you a parent of a vision impaired child? Then we want to hear from you.
LOOK is here to help you improve your self-confidence, develop skills and make new connections.
WE do this through:
- LOOK Mentoring project – become a mentor or find a mentor.
- LOOK Skype chat groups – connect with others and share experiences.
- LOOK youth forums – make new friends and exchange ideas.
- LOOK voices – get your voice heard and become part of our creative team. We are looking for bloggers, vloggers and, for our podcasts, roving reporters.
- LOOK leadership events – come and broaden your horizons.
We support young people to:
- Feel listened to and understood
- Gain independence, life skills and training
- Learn to work as a team
- Improve wellbeing
- Develop confidence and resilience.
- Make connections
Run the London Marathon for LOOK
Our 2017 London Marathon team is now accepting registration requests. Please email our Marathon coordinator: Stephen Mitchell on LOOKMarathonRunners@gmail.com for more information.
Why not make use of LOOK’s great holiday flat in Scarborough? Open all year round the flat is there for families of children and young people with a vision impairment. It’s two minutes from the sea and can be booked for short breaks or longer. Call 01432 376314
Special thanks to our funders:
LOOK’s London Marathon runners
The David Cock Foundation
The Eranda Foundation
The Mountbattern Foundation
Without their support none of our work would be possible.
LOOK’s address is: LOOK C/O The Royal National College for the Blind, Venns Lane, Hereford, HR1 1DT. Our telephone number is: 01432376314. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org