Ready for a challenge in 2020?
Minimum sponsorship: £1500.00
Every year, we invite a group of runners to join the London Marathon on behalf of Look. By running for Look you can really make a massive impact on families living with visual impairment.
The atmosphere on marathon day really is incredible. Thousands of people will turn out to watch and scream your name, cheering you on. We’ll also give you all the support you need from the moment you sign up all the way to the finish line.
We’re a small but national charity and there continues to be a real need for Look.
We aim to:
- Support visually impaired children and their families to thrive.
- Empower people to reach their potential and combat social isolation
- Create opportunities for families and young people to connect
- Provide vital information and support
What do you get if you run for us?
- Support and ideas with your fundraising
- Your very own Look running vest
- A cheer point along the route
- A post-race massage and meet and greet.
Register Your Place
In order to register for a place in 2020, please read the terms and conditions below and fill in our online application by Friday 25 October.
Virgin London Marathon
Terms and Conditions
- You confirm that the information on your application form is complete and correct at time of submission.
- You confirm that you will be 18 years of age or older at the time of the event.
All applications are subject to a selection process to ensure that our Look-UK charity places are used to best possible effect and at the discretion of Look-UK.
- You agree to the pledge to raise the full amount as agreed in Section 7 of the form and understand the terms associated with this.
- Should you be allocated a Look-UK charity place, you agree to pay a non-refundable registration fee of £50.00 (not applicable for returning Look Team Runners). This fee will be due upon your acceptance of one of our charity running places and must be received by Look-UK within one calendar month of that date, together with your signed legal agreement. Bacs Sort 40-52-40 Account 00005045 remembering to include a reference e.g. VLM19 YOUR INITIAL and SURNAME
- If allocated a Look-UK charity place, you agree to establish an online fundraising website page on either Virgin Money Giving or JustGiving for the event, and to send details of which to Look-UK.
- If allocated a Look-UK charity place, you are pledging to raise the minimum sponsorship level, in addition to the registration fee, and agreeing to make up any shortfall yourself to the required minimum of £1,500 (excluding Gift Aid) by the 30th of July 2020.
- All monies raised in aid of Look-UK must be received by Look-UK.
- If allocated a Look-UK charity place you agree to inform Look UK as soon as possible in writing should you become unable to take part in the Virgin Money London Marathon 2020, at which point your minimum sponsorship obligation will cease.
- You understand that should you withdraw from your Look-UK charity place the registration fee is non-refundable and will be retained to cover expenses.
- If you are forced to withdraw from the Virgin Money London Marathon 2020 for any reason, you will need to contact all donors and ask if they are still happy for their sponsorship monies to benefit Look-UK. If not, you must refund all donations to the relevant donors. Where Look-UK is already in receipt of donations, you will still need to contact all donors to ensure they are happy for the monies to benefit Look-UK. If not, and they would like their sponsorship refunding, you will need to instruct them to write to us requesting a refund of their sponsorship monies giving details of when and how the donation was made and for how much.
- If you are forced to withdraw from the VLM 2020, you have the opportunity to defer your place running for Look-UK for one year. You must request a deferral in writing and you will need to re-apply for a Look-UK charity place in 2021. If allocated a deferred place, you will be required to pay the registration fee of £50 and commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for that year.
- This deferral can only be granted once. If, for whatever reason, you are forced to withdraw your deferred place, you will be obligated to pay the remaining difference to the minimum pledge for that year.
- Upon being granted a deferred place, you will be obliged to pay any moneys already raised for VLM 2020 to Look-UK as per the T’s and C’s. Any moneys raised for 2020 will then be knocked off your minimum pledge for the following year.
- All participants enter at their own risk in accordance with standard Virgin Money London Marathon regulations. These regulations can be found at www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com
- You understand that, should you be accepted to run for Look-UK, you will be required to complete the online registration on the VLM website before the end of January 2020. As this will be done electronically via the Virgin Money London Marathon website, you understand you will need to have internet access and access to an email address at some point before this date.
- If allocated a Look-UK charity place, you agree that any media footage captured on the day may be used by Look-UK to help promote our charity. Media footage may include images, videos, audio recordings and/or quotes.
Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to fill in our online application.