Aged 13-17 and living with a visual impairment?
Fancy a week in the country, getting your hands dirty, meeting awesome new people and learning life-changing skills?
Then grab a pair of wellies and sign up to our Youth Summer Camp on 3rd– 7thAugust, 2020!
“Being at Jamie’s Farm was the best week of my entire life. It built my confidence by working with animals, especially letting PIGS bite my WELLIES.” Constance, 13
During this 5-day residential farm stay, you will:
- CARE for and feed the farm animals
- COOK for your new house-mates
- WALK in the wilds of the countryside
- GROW and harvest fruit and veg
- LEARN vital independent living skills from people with lived experience of Visual Impairment
- CHILL at the end of the day in a beautiful farmhouse
Did you know…
- One single exposure to nature can result in better spirits and feeling happier for 7 hours?
- Being in nature reduces anger, fear, and stress?
Jamie’s Farm’s unique combination of farming, family and therapy offers an environment where young people are respected, and are given opportunities to display their talents and show responsibility.
Interacting with the on-site animals and being involved in their care encourages nurture, confidence, a sense of responsibility and achievement.
Look’s fantastic, friendly team of visually impaired volunteer mentors are on-hand all week to give you advice and tips on how to make the most of living with a visual impairment; from tips on cooking and cleaning to sorting laundry and running a home.
You can also take part in one-to-one ‘time to talk’ sessions with a trained counsellor, as well as themed group discussions.
“This experience will change and shape you into a different person. There are parts of yourself that you will leave behind and forget that version of you ever existed. There’s also going to be some amazing new parts of you that you’ll bring back with you.”Jessica, 15
Want to find out more?
Contact Elin Williams on: email@example.com or call 07470 872782