You’ll need to allow plenty of time with this one as each layer needs to chill in the fridge so start it early or – if you’ve got the will power – leave it overnight….
10 chocolate hobnobs
120g double cream
1 tsp cocoa powder (You can use instant hot chocolate in a pinch)
150g dark milk chocolate
200g cream cheese
115g caster sugar
135g pack Hartley’s black cherry jelly (you won’t use it all)
- Crush the hobnobs in a bag with a rolling pin or blitz in a food processor.
- Melt the butter (you can do this in a pan or in the microwave) and add the hobnobs, mixing well.
- Put grease proof paper in the base of your tin, I suggest using a tin with a clasp on the outside as it will be easier to remove) then spoon the mix onto the base and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the double cream until it thickens a bit and creates soft peaks, then fold in the cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water (don’t put too much water in the pot as it mustn’t touch the bottom of the bowl). stir occasionally until there are no lumps. Take off the heat to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together and fold into the double cream mixture.
- Fold the melted chocolate in with the cream mixture until smooth.
- Spoon on top of the base and smooth with the back of the spoon but create a ridge around the edge or a well in the centre. Fridge for 3 hours or until it has set firm
- Decorate the top with your cherries and follow the instructions on the jelly packet. Pour into the centre of the cheesecake and leave until the jelly has set (this will depend on how thick your jelly is) or to be safe, overnight.