‘I took part in one of Look’s school workshops. For the first time I talked to my class mates about being blind. The Look team really helped me to speak up and now my class mates understand how much I can and cannot see. It’s been really empowering.’4-year-old workshop attendee.
We provide fun interactive workshops celebrating diversity and inclusion, led by Look’s visually impaired mentors. They are dynamic and positive role models, and will deliver a workshop to your setting. If you have a visually impaired child/young person we empower them to speak out about the everyday barriers they face and how to overcome them.
- Our mentors, their careers and aspirations
- Barriers faced by visually impaired people in school, making new friends, navigating new environments
What is Visual Impairment?
- What can visually impaired people see? How can we help?
- Meeting a visually impaired person. What do we do?
- Mobility confidence, sighted guiding, white canes & guide dogs
- Assistive technology and supportive communication
- Friendships and relationships
- Human rights and understanding difference
- Anti-bullying and understanding prejudice and discrimination
- Look workshops promote PSHE programmes of study.
Sessions can vary depending on your need. Basic sessions last one hour.
For further information contact email@example.com or call: 07464 351958