This event, bought to you by Look and VIEW, is exclusively for professionals in the VI sector/working with visually impaired CYPF.
During this FREE event, we will feedback on our key learning points gathered from families who are worried/have questions about supporting their child’s literacy at home and will discuss the best strategies and solutions for addressing family concerns.
Topics will cover:
- Helping parents stimulate their children’s interest in reading
- Working with families whose first language is not English
- Accessing leisure reading in accessible formats
- Supporting pre-braille and braille skills
- Promoting low vision skills
- Accessible apps/ICT to promote literacy skills
The discussion will be facilitated by John Rous-Milligan, Executive VIEW member along with a panel of sector experts.
We will offer a chance for troubleshooting ideas, discussing challenges, and sharing best practices.
We will also exchange helpful resources and information that can be used to support families.