We are thrilled to be the official UK selection committee for the online European song contest for visually impaired musicians.
Featuring singers from Italy, Denmark, France, Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Romania, Czech Republic, Belgium and Germany, the event is being facilitated by VIEWS International (a European association supporting VI youth) and DBSV (The German Federation for the Blind and Partially Sighted).
LOOK is searching for a star to represent the UK in the final of this prestigious competition on the 21st of May. To be in with a chance of singing for your country, come and perform an original song at our live, online UK Selection show on Sunday the 25th of April.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Contestants must be visually impaired people in the UK
- Contestants can be any age, but under 18s must provide full parental consent
- Contestants can be a soloist or a group/band
- Song entries must be written and performed by at least one VI person
- Song entries must be an original – no covers
- Song entries must include lyrics but can be performed in any language or music style.
- Song entries must be maximum 4 minutes long or is faded out to that length.
- If selected, the song must be sent as video or as audio file with additional photos to be shown as part of the final show on 21 May
- Contestants agree that, if selected, your audio, video and photo material will be streamed and published on the internet and that you will be available for a live interview during the final show on 21 May.
- The winner of the European final will receive a trophy
And the all important dates for your diary are:
UK National Selection: Sunday 25th of April at 4pm (live online show hosted by LOOK)
UK candidate’s deadline to submit their entry for the final: Wednesday 5th of May (send to LOOK)
Final online show: Friday 21st of May (not hosted by LOOK, hosted by European partners)
To enter, please click below and fill in our registration form:
We need your votes! Please come along to watch our incredibly talented contestants perform an original song at our live, online UK Selection show on Sunday the 25th of April, and vote for who you think deserves that coveted place in the final.
Tickets are £5 per household, with all proceeds benefitting LOOK.
Your fundraising money has a life-changing impact on the young people that we help.
• With just £6, we can pay for a young person to attend one of our VI focused employment and opportunity days. Only one in four visually impaired people in the UK are in work. This needs to change – and our workshops equip young people to know their rights to ensure their future.
• £30 will pay for an afternoon of face to face/one-to-one mentoring for a young person. At Look, we know the power of talking to your peers, which is why we run a peer mentoring scheme.
• £50 will pay for an hour of counselling for a recently diagnosed young person or parent.
• £100 will pay for our staff and mentors to deliver a World of Difference workshop in a VI young person’s school. Many of the young people we work with tell us school can be challenging, especially if their classmates don’t understand their visual impairment. Our World of Difference sessions promote inclusion and understanding and encourage visually impaired young people to speak out about the barriers they face at school.
Buy your ticket, here:
This event will be recorded. The recording will be made available on the LOOK UK channels.
This online event will be hosted on the Zoom platform. Zoom meeting details are provided by email to those who have registered to attend. You can read our guide on using Zoom to join LOOK online events here: https://www.look-uk.org/how-to-zoom/