LOOK UK is a small but mighty charity, supporting visually impaired young people to thrive. We offer structured peer support for our young people and their parent / carers, through our mentoring project, support groups and events programme. We believe that nobody should have to cope alone. By creating community and connection amongst visually impaired young people and their families, we aim to boost confidence and increase access to social, employment and education opportunities.
Our mentoring project and support groups connect VI people to VI people, for guidance and support.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within LOOK UK for a part time Office Manager with HR responsibilities to support our team.
LOOK is looking for a part time Office Manager with HR responsibilities. We are looking for a brilliant all-rounder to play a big role in our small team. This is a great opportunity to lead, and contribute to the development of LOOK’s policies and ways of working. You will work closely with the CEO as part of our small, happy, and dynamic team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Office Management and Executive Assistant Tasks
- Responding to telephone enquiries
- Managing the LOOK info email account
- Office filing
- Liaising with our volunteers and sending out merchandise to them as required
- Booking travel and making accommodation arrangements for other team members
- Taking bookings from delegates at our events where required
- Booking places at conferences and trade shows etc for staff where required
- Processing expenses
- Managing bookings and payments for our holiday flat rentals
- Pitching in with the rest of the team to support our service users at our events
- Supporting other members of the team with elements of marketing and promotion, research and event planning, as required.
- Manage office space requirements, including liaising with work space managers on renewals
- Manage staff equipment, overseeing the ordering of new equipment as necessary (e.g. laptops and related equipment for new starters) and maintaining records
- Manage stationery and marketing materials
- Alongside existing PA, provide additional Executive Assistant support to the CEO (e.g. occasional diary support, travel itineraries, hotel bookings etc.)
- Other tasks, as required.
- Creating the agenda for team meetings, taking minutes and ensuring staff are aware of necessary actions
- Managing TOIL
- Support new staff induction; manage onboarding process
- Managing the team calendar, with an overview of annual events and staff rota
- Manage recruitment when needed, providing support on job descriptions, advertisements, right to work eligibility and appointments
- Support recruitment activities as and when required
- Develop strong and fair recruitment processes that encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates
- Effectively deal with and manage HR queries
- Manage annual leave and sickness absence recording
- Finances and Contracts: Alongside our external payroll company –
- Support external agency with payroll, ensuring prompt payment of staff
- Oversee payment of external consultants, ensuring prompt payment
- Draft and oversee contracts with new and existing team members
- Manage payments to third party contractors when necessary
- Work with LOOK’s accountant to ensure timely and accurate accounts
- Support streamlining of LOOK’s finance processes
- Identify opportunities to reduce costs
Skills And Experience
We are looking for an experienced individual with skills in office management and HR, some finance knowledge, a ‘can-do’ attitude and flexibility to work with a growing team.
You will have all, or very nearly all, of the following:
- Excellent attention to detail
- 3 years or more of relevant experience
- Great IT skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Zoom + Salesforce (Salesforce experience is desired but not essential)
- Experience with accounting packages such as Sage and Zero
- Experience of budget setting and monitoring of management accounts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to manage competing priorities
- Willingness and experience to support the team with event organisation
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £22-24k pro rata, depending on skills and experience
- Part time (3 days per week – can be worked flexibly, must be able to come to Hereford Office regularly)
- Location: Hereford (combination of in-person and home working)
- 12 month contract
- Start date: ASAP
Please email the following two documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One-page cover letter detailing how you meet the skills and experience requirements outlined in the job description
- In your covering email, please confirm that you have the right to work in the UK, and please tell us how you found out about the role and why you are ideally suited to it
Deadline for applications 23:59 BST, 09/12/22.
LOOK UK is committed to equality. Please let us know if you require reasonable adjustments to be made to accommodate your needs. We work with Access to Work, to ensure that employees are supported to carry out their roles. We are committed to equal opportunities. and welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability. We particularly encourage applications from members of groups that are currently under-represented in our organisation, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic people. We are happy to discuss flexible working and other adjustments on a case-by-case basis.