Right now, many children are trying to keep up with school work from home, but that can be a challenge if the kids are still developing those all-important reading and writing skills.
If your child is a Braillist you may feel nervous or overwhelmed when it comes to supporting them with reading and writing.
This free event for parents of visually impaired children will cover the following topics:
- What does literacy look like for VI children?
- Why is literacy important?
- How can reading/writing be made fun at home?
- Common questions (and answers!) about Braille
- Where to access accessible books and literacy resources.
Professionals, please note – we will be holding a specific event for people working with visually impaired children and young people on the 7th of July, in collaboration with VIEW.
This event will take place on Zoom and sign-in details will be emailed upon registering.